Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scrap Tech Tuesday at Scrappin' Patch

I have been on a number of scrapbooking forums and a question I have often seen raised is how do you use a sketch or do a sketch challenge? So for this Scrap Tech Tuesday I thought I would show you an example of a sketch and then show you some layouts I did using it.

My sketch is a three portrait orientated photo one.

technique-sketch1
My first layout uses the sketch literally ie as is with just a little tweak of having the photos at an angle.

p1110812-copy

Another way to use the sketch is to rotate it and therefore have landscaped orientated photos like this example

p1110814-copy

With the sketch you can use more or less photos and with the following example I just used one large photo (it could even be larger then this)

p1110813-copy

Sketches are very much open to interpretation - you can also flip the layout ie have the journalling and embellishment on the opposite side and change the title over.

One of the best places on the web to find sketches is at Page Maps (http://www.pagemaps.com) and there are heaps more sites.

Now I would like to see your interpretation of my Sketch upload in the gallery here

http://scrappinpatch.co.nz/coppermine/t ... ?album=130

by the midnight the 12th of May and I will draw a name to receive a small RAK from me.

Happy scrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment